Sunday, January 27, 2008

A joint blog: from blockaded Gaza and bombarded Sderot

Two friends of mine have started a joint blog. It's called Life must go on in Gaza and Sderot. Usually there's nothing special about joint blogs. But this blog is being written by two people who live on opposite sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and their lives have been directly impacted by the violence.

Peace Man lives in Gaza. The Israeli blockade on Gaza made Peace Man walk 30 kilometers through the desert to buy basic goods in Egypt. He doesn't always have electricity to post.

Hope Man lives in Sderot. Rockets from Gaza frequently fall near his home. His wife and kids are already used to running to the shelters almost every day.

Nevertheless, those two people are maintaining their friendship and writing together.

Peace Man and Hope Man are two awesome and courageous people, who are able to overcome the shallow slogans and terminology of our societies and see the real human beings on the other side. They are a source of hope for me. I'm proud to be their friend.

7 comments:

Lirun said...

thanks for exposing.. well done..

Nizo said...

I second Lirun!

Hani Obaid said...

It's really sad when just considering each other human beings is considered progress!

Israeli Blogger said...

@Hani - sadly true, yet our unfortunate reality. At least we know where people who want progress should focus their efforts...

BTW, I enjoyed browsing your blog. :-)

Lirun said...

hey anyway you can ask them (either of them) preferably both - if i could interview them..

Israeli Blogger said...

@Lirun: I have forwarded your request.

Merche Pallarés said...

I was very upset, to say the least, that one of my comments to "Hope Man" in Gaza was deleted by the blog administrator. I thought I was free to say whatever I wanted (I was only saying what you, had mentioned in his blog, that a Ghandi peace movement would be successful in the long run) but, obviously, someone didn't like it... Kisses, M.